“If I Can Do It, You Can Too! My Story…”
“I Spent A Decade Of My Life Stuck In Shyness And Social Anxiety.”
Yep, that’s me…before the “shift”
I felt nervous and awkward in my own skin. I felt tight in my stomach and shoulders. I was scared about what others would think of me and avoided taking risks that could lead to embarrassment. I didn’t talk to women I was attracted to, and I only had a “date” once in a blue moon…which usually ended with me liking her a lot more than she liked me. I had a few friends and when I was comfortable I could open up with them. Sometimes people were surprised to hear how I shy I was because they said on the outside I seemed comfortable. That was part of my game…I focused all my attention on looking comfortable, acting as if I liked myself, but deep down I was struggling. I thought this was just how I was, how life was… Until I realized I could do something about it (watch the video above to learn more).
“Something Clicked Inside Of Me And I Realized If I Wanted My Life To Be Different, I’d Have To Do Something Different.”
I’d have to force myself into situations that made me uncomfortable and learn how to change how I talked to myself in my own mind. I spent the next 10 years studying and applying anything I could find about psychology, personal growth, transformation, and confidence.
I studied clinical psychology at Stanford and Palo Alto Universities and worked with people of all ages and walks of life – high school students addicted to drugs, veterans who witnessed some of the most painful things I can imagine, and middle-aged women who were suffering with a lack of purpose and meaning in their lives. I began working with men who were similar to me – shy, anxious, and stuck in self-doubt and self-criticism. I got these guys, and I had something that was of tremendous value to them… I had an unwavering certainty they too could overcome their fears and create the life they wanted. I believed in them. And I believe in you! Even without having met you yet, I’m certain if you’re willing to look inward, discover what you truly want, and commit to doing whatever it takes to make that happen, then your success is inevitable.
- A Girlfriend
- A Wife
- A Family
- A job you love that fills your life with meaning…
…all of these things are possible for you, just as they are for me. My mission is to help as many people as I can realize this for themselves, so they don’t remain stuck for as long as I was. If you relate to my story, please contact me. I’d love to hear from you! Below is a list of some aspects of my training. My pursuit of a meaningful life is never-ending, however, so I’ve been to more workshops, trainings, counseling, groups, and coaching than I can list here.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at the PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium
- Postdoctoral Residency at The Student Health & Counseling Center of Portland State University
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology from the University of California at Santa Barbara
Professional Training Experience
- Master Neuro-Strategist Certification Training with Steve Linder
- Mastery University, Date With Destiny, & Business Mastery with Anthony Robbins
- Certified Big Money Business Coach with Christian Mickelsen
- Instant Miracle (TM) Healing Technique Certified Practitioner with Christian Mickelsen
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training with David Burns MD and Matthew May MD
- Graduate and assistant of Solsara trainings in Portland, Oregon
- Practicum at the Shyness Clinic in Palo Alto, California
- Practicum at the Homeless Veterans Rehabilitation Project, Menlo Park, California